BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, January 30, 2006

Because Writers Procrastinate

I found a few new fun games.

Gridlock. The idea is simple--move the dark blue rectangle out the right hand exit. The trick? There are obstacles in the way and they only move certain ways.

Brewster Jennings Protects America. This is like Where In the World is Carmen San Diego, but with Google maps. It's a timed game and I had problems with the maps loading fast enough on dial up. It sounds promising, but I didn't get too far.

My Planet. You better be fast with the arrow keys or your spaceship will crash and burn. I did a lot of crashing.

Spaced Penguin. Kevin the Penguin is lost in space. Use the GPS (Giant Penguin Slingshot) to get him back to his ship.

A Dog for All Seasons. Use your spacebar to make the dogs jump over the red balls. Not as easy as it sounds.

The Amazing Dare Dozen. Try to use your mouse button to jump your egg upward using the baskets. I don't have the patience for this one.

Hangman. Play hangman online.

Infocom Games. These are very old text based games. Includes "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "Leather Goddesses of Phobos." Warning, these games are long.

Fishy. I'm horrible at this game! You're a fish. Try to eat the smaller fish, but don't let the bigger fish eat you. It uses arrow keys to move.

Sugar Crash. You're Mr. Sugar Cube. Keep the baby up in the air on his sugar high, but make sure to get him on the nap pad before his blood sugar is gone. I'm a little too wild on the mouse pad for this game.