BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cover, House and Writing

I showed like half a gazillion people my cover yesterday. What can I say? I'm still new enough that I get all excited about these things, plus it's a beautiful cover with a hot guy on it. BTW, that was what most of the women I showed it to commented on--Mr. Gorgeous. :-) The longer I look at the picture, the sexier he gets too. Needless to say, work went fairly fast on Friday since I had a show and tell day.

When I got home, I grabbed the camera and went over to the new house. The light fixtures are in now and the plumbing fixtures, although neither work. The light over the dining room table needs to be raised. The guy said he could do six inches or twelve, but no other choices. I'm going with six inches. I think a full foot higher would be too much.

I also found a two cracks in the glass in the computer room ceiling light. One of them is big too so I can't believe the electrician didn't see it. Why would you install a light with a two inch crack? It's the first thing I saw when I tipped my head back to look at the fixture. All he's going to have to do now is take it down and replace it anyway. Why make extra work for himself?

The lights are cool though and I'm very happy with the choices--mostly. I don't know what I think about the one in the master bedroom. It's--big. I'm also missing a light at the landing on my basement stairs. I don't know where it went or what they did with it. It's on the order slip from the lighting store. Thank God my dad is taking care of this stuff for me. I don't have the patience to deal with the thousands of details.

It was also cool to see all the plumbing fixtures in. The tub in the master bathroom is very nice. But the thing that absolutely floored me was the utility tub in the laundry room. All the utility tubs I've ever seen have been that gray plastic. Not too attractive, but they serve their purpose. Mine is bisque and gorgeous. I just kept looking at it going, OMG, I can't believe this is my utility tub. :-)

I have pictures of everything, but haven't had an opportunity to do anything with them yet. When I get them up, I'll post a link here.

When I got back home, I found out my editor had called. It was nearly 5pm in NYC, so it was a bit of a surprise, but she called back and we talked for a little bit. She's read through the first 4 chapters of Eternal Nights and I have some revisions to start on. I've never worked on a book in sections before, so this will be a learning experience for me. So y'all know what I'll be doing this weekend. :-)