BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, January 30, 2006

Flip Flop

This morning I posted how it's hard for me to read about how other authors do things because I always feel as if I'm doing it wrong. So here we are, about 12 hours later, and I'm about to ask for input. :-) What can I say? This is something I've struggled with for years and I've yet to find anything that really works for me.

My problem? Switching between stories. This has always been difficult for me, but I've struggled through it. But if I'm going to be getting my revisions for Eternal Nights in chunks, I'm going to have to bounce back and forth more than one time. I finished the revisions for the first 4 chapters on Friday night. Today, I spent my lunch hour staring at the WIP, trying to get my head back in it--and not getting very far.

I can't afford to spend days each time trying to get my head back into the story in question, so does anyone have some good suggestions on how I can pop back and forth between two books repeatedly?