BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, January 13, 2006

Rumor Has It

Rumors flying at work. Apparently, they have been for a while, but I've been joyfully oblivious to them. I think they are all just rumors at this point, though, and that no one is really going to know what happens until Tuesday when the judge makes a decision on the contracts. I've been pretty relaxed about the whole thing, so I'll trust that things will just work out. Shrug.

I forgot my jump drive yesterday, so I didn't get to write during lunch. I've never, ever forgotten that before and this really messed up my plans. I'm still trying to reacquaint myself with the characters, and progress is still agonizingly slow, but it'll come.

Then I had a call from the woman at the place where I picked out my countertops and carpeting. Because my vanity in the master bathroom angles, they can't go with the marble-looking thing I chose; it needs to be a laminate. Which means I get to drive back to the store and look through a gazillion samples again. This decision won't be quick or easy, at least I don't think it will be. The plan for Saturday is to go to my local writer's chapter meeting in the morning and then go to pick out another countertop. Just when I thought all my work was done.

Despite these things, yesterday was a fairly nice day. My noise canceling headphones arrived. I did a short little test and I think they're going to help. Of course, the true test will happen at work.