BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hughies!

I woke up this morning to find out I was nominated for two Hughie Awards! Yea!!! This is really exciting because these are nominated by dedicated romance readers over at RBL Romance. I love this board! It's positive and upbeat and everyone there is supportive of each other. It's kind of an oasis in the online landscape.

Anyway, Through a Crimson Veil was nominated as Best Futuristic/Other World Paranormal and I was nominated as Best New-To-You Author. How cool is this???

Speaking of cool stuff, Crimson Veil was one of the featured books in a local area newspaper. It was the February 5th edition, but I didn't find out until a woman at work rushed over with a copy of the newspaper. The headline involved a meth bust, and I was like, huh? But on the bottom half of the front page, the article about hot books by MN authors began and that's why she'd brought it over.

I guess she thought I'd see the masthead of the newspaper and know immediately why she'd come over with it, except that I'd done the interview last fall about the same time that Crimson Veil was first hitting stores and I wasn't sure when the story was going to appear.

The thing that makes this story extra interesting to me is that this woman said she almost never reads the community newspaper, and that she'd had several issues lying around that she decided to go through before recycling them. If she hadn't, I never would have seen the article because I don't live in that section of town and the paper doesn't have a website. I looked. I wanted to link to the article here for y'all, but no luck.

I found out that we do get Geraldo At Large here, however, it's on like at 10pm. If I'm up that late, it will only be because I got sucked into women's figure skating at the Olympics. And I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. I'm tired and really want to sleep. Last night, I got hooked watching speed skating, and instead of going to bed early as I'd planned, it was after 9:30 when I turned out the light.