BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, February 13, 2006

I Did It!

I've been eyeing laser printers since last May, I think. It's been a long time. I researched. I read reviews, both professional and customer. And I picked the printer I wanted. Last night, I ordered it. It was 10% off, I got free 2 day shipping and I had a $10 off coupon. Maybe if I'd waited longer, I could have gotten a better deal, but I took the plunge anyway.

It's an HP, the same model we use at work only without the duplex feature and without networking. I have duplexing on my inkjet and I've never used it even once in 3 years. I also ordered the 500 sheet paper tray. Expensive, but perfect for a manuscript. Even I haven't gone over a ream of paper yet on one of my books. :-)

Of course, there's no point in unpacking it until I move into the new house, which I can't do until I have the windows covered and I can't look for curtains/shades/etc until my revisions are finished.

As to that, continued to make decent progress, but it was surprisingly difficult to work in the new house. The only thing I can think of is that it was so empty over there, that it was a distraction in a weird way. Plus, I'm used to having the television on with the sound muted as I write. I have nothing over there. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do this week--If I'm going to continue to go to the new house or just work from home. I guess we'll see what I feel like doing this afternoon.