BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, February 13, 2006

More Lost Haircut Humor

When I received my copy edits, I didn't get the full manuscript. There were 66 pages missing, and I got them later. I finally read through them today, and my editor cut another haircut exchange. Since she and I both have the same kind of smart aleck type humor, I'm going to ask her what she has against haircuts. :-)

This scene is near the end of the book. Kendall and Wyatt, the hero and heroine, have sent Wyatt's men to backup Wyatt's commanding officer. He's staying with Kendall, though, to keep her safe. Wyatt calls Kendall, Bug.

"Bug, you want to sit down? You're walking in front of those dang windows over and over and it's making me nuts."

Reluctantly, she plopped onto the sofa. "Did you notice the haircuts?" she asked. "I think this is the first time I've seen Flare's ears in the entire time he's been on J Nine."

"I noticed." Wyatt smirked. "I'd give them crap, but something tells me they'd shave my head if I said anything, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. They wouldn't shear you, though."

Kendall couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not taking any chances. I'd look terrible with my hair short." Her humor fled quickly, though, and her thoughts turned serious.

This exchange I won't miss the way I still miss my Wyatt/Flare deletion, so it's not really a big deal. I just thought it was vaguely amusing that I'm losing so much of my haircut stuff.