BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, February 04, 2006

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I close on the house in five days.

I have revisions due Feb 16th.

I have to pack things up.

I need to shop for some stuff for the house, including window treatments.

I'm tired!

I came home from work yesterday, completely exhausted. By 7pm, I was unable to keep my eyes open. I figured I'd take a short nap, then get up and look at revisions. Three hours later.... Sigh.

Do authors who get to write full time truly appreciate the wondrous gift of time they have? Or do they take it for granted? I've been juggling writing deadlines with a full time job for more than 3 years now, and I'd sure love to find out firsthand the answers to those questions.

The woman the builder uses to clean the houses is coming over to do mine today. I want to get over there after she's finished and take some pictures with everything gleaming. Most of the shots up on my House Galleries have everything covered in cardboard, dust or both. The thing is that I don't think I can afford the time to run over there. I have a lot of work to do on my book and only two weeks to get it done.

I had this feeling that my house closing would end up smack dab in the middle of revisions, but I was really hoping I'd be wrong about that. I wasn't. :-( The only good thing is that I can wait until I finish revisions before I worry about packing or moving stuff. First item on the list, immediately after EN revisions go off, is getting those windows covered in the house. I'm not living anywhere that people can peep in. :-)

I'm finding it remarkably difficult to focus on anything except the new house right now. My conversation slides that direction no matter what I'm talking about.

I'll try to discuss the writing process article from RWR today, but this might be an idea that I have to jettison. Revisions come before the blog.

Edited to add: My copy edited mss did not arrive yesterday, and I sure hope it comes today. If not, I won't see it till Monday. Eek!