BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Crimson Rogue and Other Stuff

For you Crimson City fans, Barnes & Noble.com shows the final book in the series, Liz Maverick's Crimson Rogue, as shipping in 2-3 days! Wow, has the time flown. I can't believe the series is ending already. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my own copy!

I actually have a fair amount to say today. Let's see if I can remember it all and if I have time to talk about it all and still reply to comments. This day job is sucking my time.

First off, the furniture company arranged delivery between 1pm and 5:30. They came at 5:10 or so. Four chairs were delivered and guess what? Two of the four wobble. I was worried about this because the floor model I looked at in the store had the same problem. So the salesman ordered two more chairs for me and they'll deliver them when the table arrives and take back the wobbly ones. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to play exchange the chair more than once.

Second, did y'all watch The Unit last night? I thought the suspense was back that had been missing in episode two, but a couple of things bothered me. Why did they send Jonas (President Palmer) off on his own? Maybe things are different in Delta Force, but from what I've read, I thought they worked as a team a lot more than this show has had them together. Every week, one of them is off somewhere else.

The other thing that I've been wondering about is the size of the team. Five men, although because one or the other is always off solo, it's usually four. Army Special Forces teams are 12 men. Granted, there's artistic license. I've taken it in my books, reducing the teams to 7 because 12 just brings in too many unnecessary secondary characters, but 5? That seems really low. Maybe it's just me.

Third on my to discuss list is the WIP. I was wheel spinning again and looking for a wall so I could bang my head against it. Yesterday, as I'm struggling to write during lunch, I realized I was bored with what I was writing. So bored, in fact, I wrote "add more fight stuff here" and went to the end of the battle. After lunch, I was thinking about it and I decided the reason it was boring was I was in the wrong POV (point of view). I'd planned to do the entire chapter in Ryne's head, but I realize that the last half would be more interesting in Deke's. When I got home from work yesterday and sat down to write, I found a point to switch POV and it went much, much better from that point on.

And I can't remember what else I wanted to say. Oh, well, this is probably enough anyway and more than I usually manage. Now I'm going to try to reply to as many comments as I can before I have to logoff to get ready for work.