BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dream Time

Overslept. Again. That's beginning to be my standard line.

We have another winter storm heading our way. Looks like we're going to have more snow in one week than we've had all winter. I'm wishing it away from here like crazy. I want spring, not more snow. Sigh.

I watched The Unit last night. I didn't find the second episode quite as engrossing as the first one, but I'll still try to remember to watch next week. Because I wasn't paying as close attention, I missed something. When the terrorist jumped out of the plane, was he wearing a parachute or was it suicide? And am I the only one that thought President Palmer should have known that guy was up to something? I mean I'm sitting at home thinking, he's trying to pull something, and I don't have the years of experience that these elite warriors are supposed to have. :-)

For a couple of days now, I've been thinking about the fact that I haven't daydreamed about my stories lately. When I wrote Ravyn's Flight those characters were in my head 24/7. I'd wake up with them there, go to sleep with them there, and they were there every minute in between. I did daydream this story I'm writing now when I first worked on it and for a while afterward too, but then I wrote a couple of other books and the characters stepped back to let others come to the fore.

Then yesterday, I received an email from a friend and she talked about daydreaming her stories, and I figured that was a message for me. A way to drive it home that daydreaming time is important. I've been trying. I just keep falling asleep before I can spend much time on it. :-(