BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally Friday

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I found a great quote this morning too:

"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic." - Adrienne Cook

Oh, if only that were true in Minnesota. We've got 11 inches of snow on the ground, and summer feels a long way off.

It looks like I'll be trashing the chapter I'm working on--again--and starting all over--again. I hate when that happens. A friend suggested I make Ryne a bit more defiant to enliven the scene. I thought about it, made sure it fit the character--and it does--so I'm going to try it. Right now, the scene suffers from TMI. (Too Much Info).

Last night, as I was flipping around the channels, and I stumbled across Curb Appeal on HGTV. I've seen the show before, but it's not something I watch regularly, but I was like, Whoa! last night. The family whose exterior was transformed? Their last name was Noguchi like Mika from Through a Crimson Veil. I have no idea if this is a common name or not. After I was into Crimson Veil a ways, it finally dawned on me to do a search of the names I was using and I discovered that there was a Japanese woman wrestler named Mika Noguchi--which became the basis for a joke between Conor and Mika that went all the way through the book. I watched the rest of the episode and was just tickled every time the host said "Noguchi." I know. I'm easily tickled. What can I say? I'm a geek.

Oh, and the gas company overcharged me by $246! Can you believe it??? Anyway, I should be getting either a refund or a credit to my account. I'm hoping for the check because that will pay for my foyer rug. Which still hasn't shown up yet despite being shipped on the 13th. Maybe it was on the Fed Ex plane that slid off the runway at the Minneapolis airport yesterday morning. :-/