BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, March 20, 2006

I Could Have Predicted This

I mentioned my parents bought a computer, that I picked it up for them on the 11th, spent 8+ hours loading and updating software for them. That I spent forever having them practice turning it on and off and made them promise to update their virus software. Well, they haven't turned the computer on since that day. I knew this was going to happen.

Yesterday, I spent at least an hour and a half updating the virus protection and loading a firewall. Windows was updating itself too, but that'll have to finish some other time since it was only about 60% done and I couldn't afford to lose any more time.

Writing went okay yesterday. I smoothed out some of the stuff I wrote on Saturday and added and tweaked, then started for the day. I didn't write as much on Sunday, but I hit a fight scene and those always take a lot of choreography, so since I was tired and it was after 7pm by then, I stopped for the day. I need to think some more about what Ryne is fighting. I've got a few details, but not a firm grasp.

And it's back to the day job today. Sigh.