BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, March 24, 2006

Oops!

I overslept. Bet you're shocked and surprised to see that statement since I've been doing it so frequently lately. And of course, this means I'm in a huge rush. Again. I hate that.

I'm this morning dawdler. I like to slowly drink my coffee, read email, visit a few websites. I like to do the puzzle at Webshots and have time to think about what I'm going to post on my blog that day. A lot of times, despite this thinking time, I'm still fairly boring, but then my life isn't the most fascinating of all time either. I work at the day job, I write, I sleep.

The most exciting thing that happened yesterday was that I watched this show on the History Channel about ancient machines. Like the Romans, in essence, had flush toilets--at least in England when they occupied that area. Will I sound like a total geek if I say I think that's pretty cool? Yeah, probably.

Writing went exceptionally well yesterday. But I was thinking about the end of the chapter and decided I overshot the mark. I think today, I'll back up, cut a little, build up what I have and end it. Then put some of the info in the next chapter. Also worried that the fight scene has zero excitement. I'll have to look at that too.

I've said this before, but the writing process is not pretty and I almost wonder if it's something y'all would be happier not hearing so much about. Does it ruin the magic of reading a book down the road if the author reveals how messy the actual creation is?