BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ah, Spring!

It's 53 beautiful degrees here! Whoo hoo! I might even be able to wear my spring jacket today. I need to see the forecast to make sure the temperature isn't going to plummet through the day. This is Minnesota after all.

One last weather thing. They said it was supposed to rain all night and today, which didn't make me happy because my driveway is still dirt. It had just dried out and I didn't have to worry about getting stuck, and then here we go again. Looks like we didn't get the rain overnight, now lets see about the storm track for today.

So speaking of the house, I had two big boxes on my doorstep yesterday. My bar stools had arrived! Unassembled. Oh, well, they didn't look too bad to put together and my dad will get to play with tools. He should be in guy heaven, right? ;-) The thing that was cool was these stools perfectly match the chairs from my table, right down to the color of the wood and the color of the seat cushion. The bad news? They're 24 inch stools and I don't know if they're going to be tall enough for the counter. It's hard to tell when they're unassembled like that. My dad thought they'd be fine because of the height of the cushion. We'll see. The second drawback is that I haven't received word on my table yet. I posted a few days ago that if the furniture store can't find a replacement, I might have to return the entire set. That will leave me with bar stools that won't match anything. :-(

I received my Gaelic dictionary yesterday and was immediately paging through it. Found a couple of things I can use, although the word I really wanted wasn't in there. I wasn't sure it would be since it's a pretty modern word, but I was hoping anyway.

My weird sleep patterns since we went on DST continue, but I figured out last night--after I went to bed early again--what the problem was in the chapter I'm working on. It was frustrating the hell out of me, but it was like this light bulb moment. It's going to take a little work to fix, but at least the damage is confined to this one chapter and it really isn't that much work.