BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cut, Cut, Write, Write

The five pages I wrote on Tuesday are largely gone. I wrote seven yesterday for a net progress of two. Sigh. On the other hand, I took a pad of paper and about half an hour to sit down and make notes. If things go as I plan, I have two scenes for the chapter that have some focus. I hope. It's times like this that I wish I was a plotter and not a pantser.

I have the CDs from last year's RWA conference on my MP3 player, so I thought, hey, since I'm stuck at work, I'll listen to some workshops on plotting. I didn't find the ones I listened to particularly helpful, but I did discover a workshop about structuring a novella. Guess what I'll be listening to today? ;-)

My friend sent me the link to a test: Are you a Yankee or a Rebel? She's from AL and scored 100% Southern. I'm from MN and I scored 50% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom. I think it's because I say y'all. I use it more often than you guys because it sounds nicer. And I do know that y'all is plural not singular. :-) Or maybe I scored so high on the Southern side because it hasn't been that long since I finished working with Wyatt, who's from Texas originally. Believe it or not, I take on the speech patterns of my characters, including their favorite words.