BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, April 07, 2006

Deluge

Last night, it rained. It thundered. It lightninged. (I know this isn't a word. I like it, though.) It hailed. It rained so much, it flooded out part of the freeway I take to the day job every morning. They showed pictures of it on television last night and cars were floating. The weather guys estimate it was coming down at 4 inches per hour for a while and the ground is still mostly frozen so there was no place for the water to be absorbed. The big question this morning: is the freeway open? Guess I'll find out when I reach the area.

The furniture store called yesterday about my damaged table. They're going to replace it--but they won't have a new one for me until May! Yes, May. They told me that I can use the damaged one. Isn't that sweet? Considering my Feb 12th delivery took place on Mar 31st, it could very well be 6 months from the time I bought the table until the time I get one I can keep. Or longer.

I have so much to do right now, but tomorrow is my chapter meeting. I want to go. My resolution this year was to get more involved with my local writing chapter, and so far, I've only missed 1 meeting. Of course, that's out of a grand total of 3, but hey, I'm still on the plus side! The problem is the time on the weekends is so precious. On the other hand, I want to share my cover for Eternal Nights now that I have cover flats and touch base with people.

Decisions, decisions. Sigh.