BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy Spring!

March is still winter to me, but April means spring. It's a little optimistic since Minnesota has been known to get snow in April, but right now, I'm just thrilled that the worst is over. :-)

My galleys arrived for Eternal Nights yesterday afternoon. I started reading in the evening and I've found myself really drawn into the story. I could hardly stand to put it down to go to bed, and first thing this morning, I picked it up again. In fact, that's why this blog post is coming at nearly 11am--I didn't want to stop reading.

I'm taking this as a good sign. It's so hard to judge a book while I'm in the middle of writing it or in the middle of revisions, but it's been nearly 6 weeks since I worked on this story last and it's given me some distance. It also helps that the galleys aren't too messy, which allows me to simply read without doing too much marking up. With Crimson Veil, I marked half a gazillion things. Anyway, I'm very much enjoying Wyatt and Kendall and Stacey and Alex, and fingers crossed, hopefully readers will as well.

The blog-only contest to win a copy of Ravyn's Flight ended yesterday. I'll draw the winner later today--after I finish EN--and post the name here. Check back later this afternoon.

Now, sorry, but I have to go read.