BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spinning Round Round, Baby, Right Round

Today was my day to blog over at 2 B Read. I talked about soul mates in romance fiction and reincarnation stories. This has been something I've been thinking about for a while and I hope I had something interesting to say on this. Sometimes it's so hard to come up with a topic!

So something weird has been going on ever since Daylight Savings kicked in--I've been waking up an hour before the alarm goes off. Now I could see it if we'd "fallen back" because my body would think it was time to get up, but we did a "spring forward" and I should be sound asleep. One thing that's nice about it is that I have more time in the morning and don't feel rushed. The bad thing, though, is I get sleepier earlier. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 and missed The Unit! (And I also missed the Twins season opener!)

Yesterday was one of those days. First, my dad wants instructions on how to logon to the internet. Never mind that I've walked him through this about half a dozen times, he doesn't remember a thing. I gave him what I thought were simple instructions and went back to what I was working on. Then the SOS came from my mom. Sigh. When I got over to see his computer, I couldn't believe my eyes. He had like 6 different windows open, none of which involved the internet. Two or three of the windows were Windows Explorer. He had some kind of wizard open and other things that I just clicked closed and didn't look at too carefully.

The thing that was so hilarious was he thought he was on the internet! I had to tell him two or three times, that no, he'd never made it online, that none of the windows he had up had anything to do with www. I suggested he wait until July 1st to try to get on the internet again because I have projects due in June.

I also gave my mom a copy of my galley and a red pen, and asked her to proof for me. I've never done that before, but I just don't have time to read it as slowly and as carefully as I'd like, and since my mom has never read the story before and isn't familiar with it, I'm hoping that means she'll spot things I'd miss because of my head fixing the mistakes. I'm still going to make one more run through, but this will help.

I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed again, so I've been working to eliminate what I can. There were a couple of small things that were looming, and burdening me, so I took care of one of them, and I'll try to get the others done too. I'll still have my big projects looming, but at least with not so big stuff done, I shouldn't feel quite as frenzied. That's the theory at least. :-)