BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Thinking about Dreams

I received this quote in my email this morning:
DREAM

today's dreams are tomorrows realities,
and remember, when you dream
there are no rules.

~Julia Stöpel ~
Pretty cool, yes?

Think of it. In our dreams, we can do anything. We can imagine ourselves going to the moon. We can imagine living in a 2 million dollar home in a tropical paradise. We can imagine world peace and even accept the Nobel Peace Prize.

But I think dreams are more than that. I daydream my stories. I know I don't do as much of that now as I did in the past, but I'm working on increasing that time. Engineers are out there dreaming better ways to get into space, better ways to handle our day to day life. (Have I been brainwashed by my engineers?!?) I think this is how things change, by someone dreaming about what ifs, about possibilities.

Yeah, a little philosophical for this time of the morning, but what can I say? If I'm going to go off on this kind of tangent, it generally is when I'm tired. And certainly this is more entertaining to write about than my trip to the dentist yesterday. Although, I did have something happen yesterday, but I'm not sure I can talk about it yet. How's that for a tease? ;-)

Speaking of the dentist, I'm up early because I have to makeup time at work that I took off for my appointment. I don't know why I bothered because I was left sitting for half an hour in the waiting room. Sigh. They never leave me waiting. Then the hygenist chick attacked my mouth with sharp implements. Parts of my gums still hurt.

See? I told you that talking about dreaming was more interesting!