BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Daphne Finalist!

I found out yesterday that Through a Crimson Veil is a finalist for Best Paranormal in the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense! I'm hugely excited about this!

Of course, I didn't get to bask long. I had to get to work on the book, especially since I'd taken vacation to get some extra time in. I managed to do 8 pages even though I got a later start than I'd planned. Long story, which I'm too tired to get into. I know, y'all are relieved not to have to wade through that. Anyway, Ryne and Deke surprised me--again. I thought we were done with sex scenes at least until closer to the end of the book. Not that they weren't having sex, they have been, I just haven't had to write about it. :-) I did yesterday.

Today, I should finish this chapter, including going back through the first scene and layering in some emotion. I tried to do it as I was writing, but I got tired and it got down to Tab A in Slot B, so that's part of the job for this afternoon.

I fell asleep in my chair again yesterday. At least I had the presence of mind to put the laptop on the ottoman before I closed my eyes. I still freaked myself out, though, when I thought it was falling, so after 15 minutes or so, I was wide awake. Unfortunately, I was also wide awake when I wanted to go to bed last night, so I'm running short again today. These half days at the day job aren't a bad idea because I would only waste a full day sleeping for most of those hours. On the other hand, it's sure nice to write when I'm rested for a change. :-)