BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, May 15, 2006

Forest for the Trees

I'm in deep immersion writing this week. Actually, I have been for a while, but since I'm on vacation this week (I was supposed to be at RT), I'll really be doing some heavy duty writing. Already, my eyes hurt from staring at the computer screen for so many hours and I'm sure by the time I'm done, I'll need a massage or a chiropractor. ;-)

I haven't looked at the book in its entirety for so long, I have no idea how the story as a whole looks. I'm solely focused on the current scene. It's kind of a weird mindset to fall into. I can't remember what happened three chapters ago, so I can only hope I'm not repeating myself. My biggest concern right now is the action/suspense/plot. It's been heavy emotional stuff, which I enjoy the hell out of writing, but I don't know if anything is moving the plot forward. Sigh.

The plan for today is when I'm done writing, to stay off the computer. Email is an evil lure, but I don't think my eyes can take extra time staring at the screen. And I do have a bunch stuff to do for Eternal Nights that won't require me to use a computer--at least not for longer than it takes to print off some mailing labels.

This blog should really be writing focused this week since I won't be doing much of anything else.