BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Golden Quill

I officially received the word last night that Through a Crimson Veil is a finalist in the Golden Quill Awards for Best paranormal! I actually had heard this unofficially from two different sources a couple of weeks ago, but I kept mum until I heard from the coordinator. It was a long two weeks to wait!

Yesterday, I wrote something like 21 or 22 pages, which is a lot for me. I would have kept going, but I didn't have a clue what happens next and it was after 7pm, so I called it a day. I think I know what I want to do now--I woke up with an idea in mind--but I have to do my list of goals for the scene and see if there's enough there. That's really my biggest problem, keeping the plot on track. I'd rather deal with emotional bombshells than the plot bombshells and it's a struggle to keep this balanced.

I don't think I have anything else to say this morning. My brain's still tired from yesterday's writing marathon.