BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, May 06, 2006

House Stories

I saw my table and it is beautiful! After 4 months of waiting and hassle, my transaction is now completed. It was so funny, though, when I tried to fold the leaf in. It didn't look like it was going to fit under the table like it's supposed to. My dad was helping me and we were discussing it and trying to figure out how the guys who delivered it worked it. We finally figured it out. The table with the leaf tucked away is a much better size for my small space.

My mom found some old curtains/drapes (what is the difference?) and hung them up for me while my dad was waiting for the table to be delivered. These are old, sheer, lacy things in an off-white. I don't know when my mom used them last because I don't remember seeing them even when I was a kid. But these old curtains/drapes/sheers look perfect over my great room windows! So great, in fact, that the other curtains that she gave me (these are white) now look not so good. We're discussing strategy for this. :-) But if it comes right down to it, I'll just have to stay with the white because the price (FREE) was right for these window coverings. :-)

In writing news, I fixed some stuff in the first scene of the chapter, which added a couple more pages, then I went on to the next scene. Most of that is going to need to be redone or tossed out completely. I was so tired yesterday and it showed.

I still need to write my intro for the RT Convention. It's on my To Do List. I also decided to go with the blurb from the publisher for my RWR ad. I couldn't come up with anything better.

Today is National Scrapbooking Day. Just FYI. :-)