BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lories Awards

I have a lot of newsy-type stuff to share, the question will be can I remember all of it. I'm not too hopeful. :-/

First, Through a Crimson Veil finished second in the Lories Awards! I received the news yesterday along with my score sheets. I never want my score sheets back, TBH, because there's nothing I can do to change anything in a book that's already published, but they were just emailed back. Of course, I couldn't help but look at them, but I had some really nice comments.

Secondly, I received the first review in for Eternal Nights along with some really great comments in the email accompanying it!
Eternal Nights combines humor, intrigue, danger, some hot sex and some truly unforgettable characters into one fabulous package.
There's also some really cool comments about Wyatt. It always causes anxiety to send the newest book out for review, so getting something this fabulous yesterday helped a lot. It also really helped that the reviewer had reread Ravyn's Flight just before reading EN and said that this one was "deeper and more complex." RF has reached this cult-status kind of thing judging by the emails I still get and it's nice to know that EN measures up.

And just like I feared, I can't remember anything else that I was planning to talk about this morning. I'm blaming it on the fact that I stayed up too late last night. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;-)

Edited to Add: I remembered more! There's a really nice mention of yours truly in May's Tanzey Talk column over at Fresh Fiction!

And yesterday I received the catalog from my publisher. There, under my name, Ravyn's Flight was listed! I was beginning to wonder if they'd changed their mind about reprinting it. :-)