BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, May 12, 2006

Rip Van Winkle

Yesterday, as I neared the end of my lunch time at work, I finally decided that the scene I've been struggling with would work much better in the hero's POV. Yes, sometimes I am a little slow. Of course, I didn't have time to start then, but I decided that was what I'd do when I got home.

Here's where the title of the blog comes in. I have the laptop fired up, it's ready to go. I've dosed myself with Vitamin B for energy--all systems are go. Until I sat down. I left the laptop on the ottoman and closed my eyes to take some daydreaming time. An hour later, I finally woke up. Sigh.

I used to laugh at my dad when I was a kid. How could anyone fall asleep sitting up??? Now I know. If you're tired enough, you can sleep anywhere. I was that tired. Worse yet, I woke up groggy. I hate when that happens because it leaves me feeling worse than before I napped.

Last night, I went to bed earlier again. And again, I had trouble falling asleep because my mind was racing. It's a vicious cycle.

If you're thinking I didn't have anything interesting happen yesterday, you'd be right. And just to close on a high note, let me talk about the weather. 36 degrees with the wind chill. 36. In MAY. Rain all day today. Windy too which means I'm going to have to wear my winter jacket. In MAY. Why do I live here?