BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tired and Neurotic

I finished another chapter yesterday. Three more and the first draft is done if all goes according to plan. This chapter ended up being longer than I expected, but it'll work out once I start revising and cutting.

This is the time of the book, though, where I become majorly neurotic. I always half-panic when I near the end and worry that the whole book sucks and is a horrible mess that can't be fixed. I need to finish it and sit down to read the whole thing from beginning to end to get a true idea of what I've got. I'm so focused on what I'm working on--what I finished, what I need to do next--that I can't see the forest for the trees. My biggest worry, of course, is whether or not I have enough suspense and plot in the story. Those are my weakest areas and I know it.

I started thinking about Creed yesterday, he's the hero in the second book, and I think he's really going to have to share a little more information with Ryne and Deke than he does. The thing is, I want it to be something that my h/h don't understand at the time, but figure out later. I'm not real good with cryptic, but I'll need to come up with something. It doesn't ring true to me that he wouldn't pass on critical information to Ryne. That's something I'll probably just jot down on a pad of paper and hit on revisions, though.

And in other writing news, Kimi started giving me information last night. Yea! I have a general plot, but I didn't have any details. I still don't have a lot, but I'm learning and I got a snip of the opening scene. I need a lot more information, but it's tough when I'm trying to write another story. I'm supposed to have some kind of synopsis for this book, but hell, I have very little idea right now what's going to happen. I have a general plot and a bad guy and a hero and heroine. That's about it. I'm trusting that when I'm finished with Deke and Ryne, info will start pouring in.

Okay, I'm hyperventilating about this too. I'm really stretched thin right now with all the projects I have and their due dates. So pretty much, I'm totally freaking out about both stories and I seriously need more sleep. That about sums it up for me.