BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two Hurrahs!

I found out yesterday that Through a Crimson Veil is a finalist for best paranormal in the Booksellers' Best Awards! If I hadn't been so exhausted from writing all day, I would have happy-dog danced around the room.

The second hurrah is that the first draft of the WIP is done! It took longer than I expected--till almost 8pm and I'd worked all day--but it's all down on paper now. Well, not paper, but you know what I mean. I know there's going to be a lot of work as I revise it, the suspense isn't as strong as it should be and the fight scenes are kind of lame right now, but I think I have the emotional stuff nailed. My CP said I made her cry. Definitely a good sign.

I usually do an epilogue in my books--well, I have since my first editor asked me to add one to Ravyn's Flight--but I didn't write one for this story. I'm still debating adding one. On the one hand, after RF, I saw why the epilogue helped because my books tend to take place in short periods of time under intense conditions and the WIP is no exception. On the other hand, there's a second book coming with the heroine's sister and readers will see and/or hear more about Ryne and Deke there.

Today, I won't do much writing. Instead, I'll be sitting down with a notebook and working on what's going on with the novella. Kimi! Nic! Start talking!