BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 04, 2006

What a Surprise--NOT!

The guys who were supposed to grade the yard never showed up yesterday. They were supposed to be over at 6:30 in the morning. They're talking about next week now.

I was just thinking about how many strange things I read as a writer in the name of research. Right now, I have a book on lock picking in my bag. The part most people would find rather strange is that I bought this book a few years ago--long before I started a book where I would need this info. But it sure came in handy last night.

My library of research books is pretty eclectic and I'm always bookmarking sites that I have no immediate need for--that I may never have a particular need for--but that have a lot of good info. I even have sites on historical costumes and stuff saved. Why? I have no clue because I don't even read historical romance and I haven't for a while now. The odds are good I'm never going to write one. Still, you just never know, right? If you want to check out some of my bookmarks, here are my research tags at Del.icio.us.