BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, June 16, 2006

Halfway Through

I'm about at the halfway mark on my read through of the WIP. So far, it's not too bad. There's a scene where I want to punch up the emotion and fix the fight part and a couple of paragraphs in one chapter that need to come earlier, but overall, nothing too difficult to fix. So far. I know there are at least two plot holes in the second half waiting for me.

As I was writing, I was worrying that the tone wasn't consistent in the book, but I found that was surprisingly cohesive--at least to this point. I'm really hoping that the rest of the story continues to hold together well.

The plan for today is to finish reading the rest of the WIP so that I can spend the whole weekend just revising and not reading.

In other news, we finally got the hot water fixed at work!