BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Little Bit of Everything

I've got the Weather Channel on (what can I say? I'm from MN.) and they're showing a commercial that includes footage of the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie with Johnny Depp. Does anyone know when that's coming out? I'd like to go to a movie after I finish the WIP--I haven't been to the theater since Titanic--and this might be the movie that compels me to break my streak.

I went to bed early last night and I slept--I feel much more human now. I had to give up watching the Cubs game (they're hardly ever on WGN anymore so that was a hardship since it's not like I'll necessarily have another opportunity to see them soon.), but I decided sleep was more important than watching the Cubs lose. Which they did. Sigh. All three of my teams really are awful this year and it can make it painful to watch a game now.

We still have no hot water at work. I can't even believe it, but they are--finally--patching the potholes in the parking lot. Or maybe I should call them craters since they're huge.

Oh! I got stuck in the staff meeting that would not end yesterday. OMG. More than 1.5 hours. Gah! And it was mostly boring stuff from the dog and pony show upper management put on for the mid-level managers. My boss's boss's boss showed up too and sat in on the meeting, so that helped prolong it, I think. I deserve a medal for enduring that marathon.

So I ran over to Fed Ex yesterday and the novella is gone! I love being able to say that even though I know I still have a lot of work left to do to get the WIP out the door too. I just hope I don't see revisions on that thing for at least a month. Fingers crossed!