BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Not Too Much

I finished chapter 5 in the novella yesterday, not just adding in the information I needed that had been cut out of the old version, but also cutting parts of this one somewhat ruthlessly. :-) I'll do more cutting after I finish the complete thing, but this stuff was boring and unnecessary so it went.

I did not finish chapter 6. Instead, I went to bed and actually got something close to 8 hours of sleep for the first time in I don't know how long. It's amazing how much better I feel today. I love sleep!

Of course, now I'll have to work extra hard today, but I think I'll still come out ahead because I won't be writing disjointed sentences and I might actually be able to write faster than I was yesterday afternoon and evening. It was that torturous drag it out one sentence at a time speed and I know it's because of how tired I was.

And one last thing: Dear ESPN: There are more teams in major league baseball than the Yankees and the Red Sox. Please air some of those games.

This is brought on by the fact that last night ESPN was going to broadcast NYY and BOS, but they were rained out. Not to worry, however, they'll bring us tonight's game because no one can bear to miss this match up. Um, sure, maybe if ESPN didn't show them every single time they played each other, it might be interesting. It's long since lost it's allure.