BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, June 30, 2006

Vegging Out

I had all kinds of things I thought I'd mention today on the blog--at least I did yesterday--but this morning, my mind is blank. I can mention that I ran to Fed Ex and the WIP is out of my hands and on its way to NYC. Of course, I made the mistake of reading the last few chapters and I found a couple of pages that I wasn't happy with. And of course, it was too late to fix them before my editor sees them. Gah!

So I got back to work from dropping the mss off and I had time left on my lunch so I joined Net Flix. I hardly ever watch movies and I haven't in years. The last movie I saw in the theater was Titanic and that was out in 1997. =8-O My goal is to try to watch a movie a week. Me Time. It might be a little ambitious. I have a really hard time focusing on anything except my writing for a couple of hours straight. First in my queue is Sin City. This is the movie that I almost went to see in the theater, but I was waylaid by the scrapbook store. :-)

I had all kinds of wonderful plans for my afternoon yesterday. I was going to take pictures of my deck for y'all because who wouldn't be dying to see those? ;-) I was going to do productive things that didn't involve writing. Instead, I ended up vegging out in front of the television. :-( I watched a lot of local news, then the Boston/Mets match up. Boston has some dedicated baseball fans. It was fun to see how they appreciate their team and their players. It's not quite the same in MN.

Today, well, maybe today I'll get those pictures taken. Maybe I'll do something besides collapse. Maybe, but it's questionable. I've already overslept this morning. :-(