BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, July 14, 2006

Nerves, Worry, Stress

I'm a worrier by nature. I know this about myself and I try to alleviate it, but it's not always easy. Okay, most of the time it isn't easy. Right now, the list of things is growing--some more intense than others. My current worries?

There's an older man who walks his dog every morning. We always wave as I pass him on my way to the freeway. I haven't seen him in nearly 2 weeks. So now I'm wondering if something happened to him or if he decided to walk a different route or go at a different time or if he's on vacation.

I'm really stressed out about the book I just turned in. What if everyone hates it? It's darker than everything I've written before and darker than I expected. My agent emailed to let me know she has it now and I'm like Aack!

And of course, Eternal Nights is coming out in a couple of weeks so I can obsess/worry about readers' reactions to this book. So far, the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, both from reviewers who've read Ravyn's Flight and reviewers who haven't, so I'm hoping most people like the story.

Then there's the RWA conference in Atlanta that's fast approaching. Meeting new people and dealing with crowds totally stresses me out. I'm trying not to think too much about this, but it's getting close.

I could come up with more, but I think this is enough for now. This is part of my personality as much as my impatience is and I know it's something I'm not going to overcome, certainly not easily or any time soon.

Yep, you guessed it, I didn't do much that makes an interesting blog entry and I have to run and get ready for work.