BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rain!

It rained yesterday, about 3/4 of an inch, and we needed it desperately. Of course, we're still hurting--the weather people say we need about 4 inches to fix our deficit--but this helps. Yes, I know. Weather again. Unfortunately, rain has become noteworthy. ;-)

In other news, BN.com has Eternal Nights shipping in 2-3 days. I nearly choked when I saw that. The book is an August 1 release and this is early. Not a surprise since BN always does this, but man! Now if they'd only get Ravyn's Flight back in stock and available. It's printed.

Yesterday was one of those crazy days at work, one where I seemed to be running from the time I got in until just minutes before I left. I had a project that was looking as if it would be impossible to do, but we finally found a way; a staff meeting--I hate those things--and then I had to hunt down some paperwork. I'm hoping for a nice, quiet day today.

I'm starting to think about my stories again. Not for long and certainly not with the intention of doing anything just yet, but I'm taking it as a sign of recovery. I've never been as exhausted in as many different ways as I was when I finished this last book.

One final thing this morning. I need a theme song for Kimi and Nic's story. Usually, I get those while I'm working on the book, but I wrote this so fast and plunged right back into my book that I never had time to consider this. Kimi is human, Nic is a demon. Anyone have any suggestions?