BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Eternal Nights' Review

I received a great review for Eternal Nights yesterday. It's from Keely Skillman at SingleTitle.com. She gave EN five stars and said:
Eternal Nights by Patti O'Shea is a spine tingling adventure through an un-chartered jungle where learning to love is the most important lesson.

The supporting characters are developed to an emotional level not often seen in romances let alone a complicated science fiction suspense romance like this one; this adds an astoundingly rich depth to the feel and flow of the book.

I have to admit that I am very impressed with Ms. O'Shea's talent on many levels; enough so that I will be keeping an eye peeled for anything penned by this spinner of spellbinding tales.
How cool is this??? Read the full review at SingleTitles.com.

I also had a great reader review show up on Amazon for Eternal Nights too! I know, I shouldn't be visiting my books over there. That only leads to pain and frustration, but I can't seem to help myself. I've cut out visiting most message boards--the two remaining are both very author friendly--and I don't search my name or book titles anymore, but checking Amazon and BN.com are still daily events for me.

I've got two chats coming up and a couple of book signings. I'll post more about them here later. Enough that I think I'm going to add an appearances page to my website temporarily. I'm going to work on that as soon as I finish this blog post, then I need to get to work on my synopsis for the three books set on J9.

It's really been a busy weekend so far, although I don't seem to have a lot to show for it. I went to my chapter meeting yesterday and it was a lot of fun! We talked about the conference and it was interesting to hear other people's perspectives, especially the first timers. My first conference was in 2000 when RWA met in Washington DC, but it was interesting to discover that the memories that are still vivid for me are the same types of things that these women mentioned.

When I arrived home, my MobilePro 790 was there. The box was marked "Fragile," but the post office didn't let that stop them from mutilating it. The mail carrier recommended opening it very carefully, and if there was any damage, to bring the entire thing to the PO.

I have to admit I was hoping for the best, but fearing the worst as I opened the box, but luckily the eBay seller had wrapped things up really well and there was a lot of packing and cushioning. Everything looks good and I've done a few tests to see if it was running okay, but I'll put it through more tests before I let the postal service off the hook.

I think I'm going to like this machine for writing much better than the Dana. The keyboard is a little squished to me, but it's got the feel of a laptop keyboard so I think I'll get used to it, and while the screen is small, it's full color and familiar. The other thing I think I'm going to really like is how light it is! My God, it's amazing! I mean, I know they said it weighed 1.7 pounds, but I didn't realize it would be that light! Makes me wonder how heavy this laptop is.

This morning, I started laundry before I started coffee. I know, shock! But I wanted to get it over and done with early. I also have a ton of email to get through today since I didn't look at them yesterday.

Oh! Mr. Congeniality, one of the most annoying people I work with, had a job interview on Friday. If it's for a position where I don't have to deal with him anymore, I'm so hoping he gets it! As bad as the atmosphere is at the day job--and since I work for an airline in bankruptcy, it's really terrible--Mr. Congeniality is the one that makes it hard for me to go to work every day. If he's gone, then I'm happy and bouncy all day long and if he's there, it's all I can do to drag myself into the building. I know, I shouldn't give away my energy like that, but I haven't figured out how to stop it yet. Please join me in thinking positive thoughts that MC gets a job that keeps him far away from me! ;-)

I think that's it for today. Have a fabulous Sunday y'all!