BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Go, Go, Go

I hugely overslept this morning. Maybe the worst in many, many years. I woke up about five minutes before I need to leave the house, so I jumped in the shower, got dressed and raced out the door. And a couple of blocks from home, I couldn't remember if I'd shut the garage door or not, so I turned around and went to check. Yep, I'd closed it, but that pretty much obliterated any hope I had of making it on time. Still, I punched in only 5 minutes late, so I think I did pretty good, and now that I've had coffee, I feel human again. Or at least I'm getting there.

Last night, I finished making notes on the novella. When I get a revision letter, I read through the whole story, then I take the letter and go through with that and mark up the hard copy where I want to incorporate the suggestions. At least that's how I'm handling it this time. I honestly can't remember how I do revisions on a full novel. Sigh. Anyway, I made the last markups last night and comments in the letter that I didn't think were going to work, suddenly made sense. :-)

I don't think the changes I need to make are going to be too bad, but I won't really know until I start writing. And because I overslept, I forgot to grab the laptop or my handy dandy mini-laptop, so no writing at lunch today. I've got a couple of other things I need to work on, though, and I'll do those.

Still no rain. Still hauled hoses/sprinklers around last night. Enough said.

I know no one cares about this except me, but they finally, FINALLY finished the bridge over the freeway near my house and reopened my street! For about a year, I've had to weave my way through other neighborhoods to reach the main thoroughfare and it was getting old! Now if they'd just finish the freeway construction, life would be good.

I think that's it for today.