BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, August 21, 2006

It Happens Every Time

It happens every time I get revisions. I look at them and I think, OMG, I can't do this? How do I do this? I can't remember how I did it last time!

For some reason, I can never retain how I tackle my revision letters. I don't understand it, but it's like every letter is the first. But I know the near-panic will recede and somehow I'll manage to figure out how to do it and what to do. That's the nice thing about having a few books out--the fear can't really take root because I know I've made it through this exact same situation on my earlier books.

I printed out my revision letter, after I made the font bigger. (10 pt font? Gah!) Five pages in 12 pt font. Not too bad. :-) Of course, the story did come in at 87 pages. I should figure out the math somehow, but I think I'm happier believing it's not too much when, on a percentage basis, it's probably worse.

My normal Minnesotan interest in the weather has become an obsession. I'm constantly watching the Weather Channel now and that's just sad. Last night before I went to bed, I see this huge patch of green off to our west and it's headed right for the Twin Cities! Yea!!! I swear I happy dog danced. Then I saw the forecast--scattered showers.

Scattered?!? How can they be scattered? There's a big, huge, enormous patch of green out there. It has to rain!

It didn't. I turned on the Weather Channel first thing this morning and the radar showed my beautiful patch of green disintegrating. :-( Which means I'll be back outside dragging the sprinklers/hoses around this evening. I'm seriously looking forward to my dad getting back into town so I can happily abdicate this duty. It does give me a huge appreciation, though, for his effort. Who would have thought that new sod would be such a pain?