BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, August 07, 2006

One Down

I have the proposal for my kind of RS stories all packaged up and ready to go to my agent today. Then I'll wait to find out if there's a market for this kind of story or not. Luckily, I already had the revised synopsis written for the third book because I was struggling all day to keep focused. I still wanted to veg out, but at least this weekend I finally had an opportunity to sleep.

In the meantime, I need to get busy on the details for the arc on the futuristic series. That's my project and there's some urgency since revisions are imminient on two separate projects. It's hard to think in terms of three books, one big story, three little stories. At least it's hard for me.

Is anyone else getting totally annoyed by Amazon's discussion boards? It's on every page for every romance book and authors have run over there like mad to promo themselves. Maybe I need to be more aggressive about promotion, but if you're irritating your audience, it's not a good thing. Of course, maybe I'm the only one who finds it aggravating to see authors suggesting their own books or sending a friend over to suggest them.

I'm kind of back on a decorating kick. I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I finally got some curtains for my bedroom. They're a little more raspberry than hot pink, but I like them anyway. (I had to shop in the teen girl section to find curtains I liked! All the "adult" curtains were so staid and boring!) Of course, I don't have a curtain rod and the one I liked didn't go wide enough to cover my windows so they're sitting in a bag on the floor waiting.

The item I'm eyeing now is a storage unit for the bathroom, one of those things that goes over the toilet. I saw it in the Target ad. It's a little un-contemporary for me, but there's something about it that I like anyway. It's totally not going to match anything else I have in the entire house, though. But the thing is, I ended up with less room in my bathroom than I expected and I can use extra storage. I'll mull a little longer and see.

And Shards of Crimson, the Crimson City anthology, is up for preorder at Amazon. Not at BN.com yet, though.