BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Book Signing, King Tut and Whatever

If you're in the Twin Cities area, you're cordially invited to a book signing today:
When: Saturday, September 9th
Time: 12:30 to 2:00
Where: Waldenbooks
Ridgedale Center
12401 Wayzata Blvd
Minnetonka, MN
I'll be signing with Lois Greiman and Michele Hauf, please stop in and say hey.

I still get nervous before book signings. It's something I don't do very often and I'm really glad to have two other authors with me. I'm hoping today goes well.

I'm also heading down to Chicago to go see the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum. I bought my tickets months ago and tried to pick a date and time where the place would be less crowded. Of course, it's probably all sold out so there won't be a less crowded time, but at least I made a stab at it. Kids are in school, and hopefully, it's too soon in the year for field trips and I chose the first time available in the morning on a weekday. Fingers crossed that it's not too bad. Of course, I didn't factor in a few things. Like Chicago traffic since it is a work day.



I've always had a fascination with things from ancient Egypt and it's always cool to be able to see them in person. A few years back I went to the Cleopatra exhibit at the Field Museum and the main reason I wanted to be an archeologist when I was in 4th grade was my interest in the pyramids, so I'm really looking forward to this exhibit. Too bad, though, that it's not in Minneapolis.

Yesterday, I worked on the J9 proposal. I should have been revising the proposal my agent wanted some changes on, and I did try, but I'm so disconnected from those characters right now. I spun my wheels for a while, then decided to see if I was stuck or if it was just the story. Since I was able to get a few pages of stuff for Flare and Sasha, I decided I'm okay, it's the distance from that story. The thing is, I know the only way to close that gap is to keep fighting to write those characters, but it seems like such wasted time and I'm so short of that right now. Did I mention I seriously need a clone?