BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, September 01, 2006

Definitely Labor Weekend

Novella revisions are finished and emailed back to my editor! Yea!

I like how they turned out, but I'm worried about the format that I sent them back in. I have to tell you, this left me stymied for a while. The process was just confusing and cumbersome and I'm still not sure I managed it right. I'm also worried that some of the things I opted to leave only on the master change document will get missed and I don't think I'll know anything until I receive the galley when it'll be too late to make many changes. Gah! Now I'm going to stress about this.

I made a lot of tiny adjustments--adding a word or two, deleting or changing a couple of words. Then there were the places where I deleted small paragraphs and only added a few words. Okay, taking a deep breath.

Anyway, I was hoping to get some house stuff done this weekend, but my agent got back to me about a proposal I'd sent her a couple of weeks ago, and she'd like me to make some changes to it. So the plan is to get a good start on those revisions. I've got the chapters and the synopsis loaded on my jump drive and ready to tackle at lunch. It's also going to require some additional research, mostly online which is going to be time consuming. Yes, I still have dial up, but I've made the decision to switch to cable internet at some point in the near future. I hate paying that kind of money, but after the last research excursion where it took me hours when I should have been done in a fraction of the time, I decided to bite the bullet.

Time has become such a precious commodity. I have so much I need to work on right now, but limited hours. The darn day job sucks time and energy. Sigh. So I'm forced to make choices about what I'll work on first. Of course, contracted stuff that I'm under deadline on goes to the top of the list, but right now it's proposals.

Wish list: Clone to send to the day job, personal assistant to set up all my files and put all the paper away in its correct spot as it comes in. If this assistant could also scrapbook and shop for me, that would be a huge bonus. Maid to clean the house for me and a handyman to do the little tasks around the house that require tools. :-) Probably a gardener too, although my dad has been doing the lawn stuff for me. And while I'm dreaming, I guess I should add a lottery win to the list. :-)

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!