BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, September 25, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

Late post today, I know. Somehow the time got changed on my alarm clock, so even though I hit the snooze less than usual, and thought I had plenty of time, I really didn't.

Anyway, I'll be guest blogging on September 30th at Magical Musings. My topic is writing the kick-ass heroine. There's also a really nice review of Eternal Nights posted on the blog.

My theme song for the day (despite the title of this post) is Get Over It by the Eagles. It became the song of choice after I heard Mister Congeniality whining about a change that had happened at NWA five years ago. Five years. I know it's been that long since I was in New Orleans at the RWA conference when it happened and that was 2001, the last conference before I sold my first book. So of course, the lyrics started flowing through my head and I finally dragged out the MP3 player to listen to Don Henley sing it. He does a much better job than I do. :-) The added benefit is that I have noise cancelling headphones so it mostly blocked the whining.

I finally heard from the store I ordered my blinds from on Friday afternoon. They're waiting for my curtain rods to come in, but if they're not here by this week, they'll install everything else. So of course, my dad covers my floors with cardboard so that they don't get scuffed up. I have the fake wood stuff. He's so funny! Anyway, the house looks horrible with cardboard everywhere. Especially after I worked so hard and hung my new curtains and all. I figure, though, that cardboard on the floor is better than some of his other schemes. I did mention his plan to dig a trench in my backyard to improve water drainage, right?

I think that's about all I have to say. I did work on my proposal yesterday. I believe I made some progress, but I won't know for sure till I reread the pages today and decide whether or not I keep them or trash them. Again.