BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Shh. Don't Tell Anyone.

I didn't write yesterday. I'm admitting that like it's some horrible secret and I should be whispering it or skulking around. And I do have work to do, plenty of it. What I did, though, was unpack some of the boxes in my computer room and put stuff away.

I cracked. I couldn't take the stacks of boxes cluttering up my floor anymore. I just had to get rid of them. I wanted to finish everything, but I ran out of places to put things (I really need some storage!) and I ran out of energy. Tuesday was one of those days at work where I was running around from the time I arrived until lunch. I hate that, especially when it's nothing really important and someone just wants their request now.

But now the middle of my floor is box free. I still have boxes shoved under the desk and at the sides, which isn't going to be too convenient, but I can walk into the room without having to detour. Okay, boring, I know, but this was hugely exciting to me because I was darn tired of it.

I could talk about radio advertising. :-) There's a topic that should interest everyone, right? (I know, sarcasm.) But I was floored again yesterday on my commute home by how bad so many of the radio ads are now. They used to be so clever and entertaining! Oh, sure, I remember there were bad ones too--lots of them--but there were also a lot of good ones. Not now. They're all bad now with the exception of the Bud Light spots with Real American Heroes. It breaks my heart to see the current batch. Actually, I've felt this way for probably 6 or 7 years now. Sigh. Every time I get all het up about this, I think about dusting off my portfolio, but of course, I won't.

Since I'm on a roll, my MN Twins won yesterday! Yea! That should put us 1/2 game out of first place in our division. Can Detroit feel us breathing down their neck? I missed the start of the game because of all the box unpacking I did, so the team was already up 6-0 when I turned on the TV in the 4th inning. It was raining in Boston and I thought, wow, playing in the cold and the rain, but apparently it's warmer out east than it is in MN. It's darn cold here.

Okay, I'm done now. I managed to even squeeze in a reference to the weather so my job here is finished. :-) Tomorrow, I'll try to come up with an actual topic.