BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, October 27, 2006

I Wish I Read French


My order from Amazon France arrived yesterday! I opened that puppy up immediately and there, nestled inside, were three copies of The Power of Two in French!

It's my first foreign translation and it was hugely exciting. Well, except for the fact that the three books I'd ordered were all a little banged up. Not horrible, but I'm the person in the bookstore examining every copy of a title I want to buy to find the most perfect one available. In other words, I'm totally anal about the condition of my books. :-/ If you look at any book I've read in the last ten years, you'd never know it had ever been opened.

Anyway, I thumbed through one of the books. Cai's name is Kali now, but Jake is still Jake. Beyond that, well, I can't say because I don't know French. I took German in high school/college so I just kind of looked through it and giggled now and then because my book was in a foreign language, and darn it, that's just too freaking cool!

The Firefox browser just had a new version released and I updated. (Firefox totally rocks, and once I got used to it, I loved it! I have a hard time using IE now.) Now I'm trying to get used to the new version. The options panel has really changed, and because spell check is built into the browser as an option, the spell check window in Blogger won't open. At least I think that's the reason. Yeah, you'd think having my spelling checked once would be good enough. ;-)

I'm still working on revisions. My goal was to be finished tonight, but I think I'll still be doing them on Saturday. My agent had sent a email back in July when she read through it with some things she termed nitpicks too, so I'm doing those changes too. Again, nothing major, but it's finding the right spot to put the info in and smoothing it out and that takes time.