BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Not Much

I don't know how I lost so much time this morning, but it's 4:45 and I only have 15 minutes to blog! Usually it takes me 25 minutes or so to write here. Yeah, I know, most of my posts usually don't look like it took me more than 5 minutes to write them, but they really do. Maybe because I'm always so tired in the mornings. Shrug.

I also took a picture of my Scooby Doo clock yesterday, cropped it, reduced the size to something manageable and uploaded it. But I don't have time to go to the site, get the code and post it here. It's the dial up thing. By the time the page for the other site (medium on the graphic intensity scale) comes up, I login, my page comes up, I copy the code, etc, it'll be much later than I'd like. You see, it's raining here this morning and that means I need to be out of the house early or I won't make it to work on time. I have to move getting high speed up the To Do List. This is really getting ridiculous.

So what do I have to talk about today? Not much. I had to stay late at work yesterday because I left early on Monday to go to the dentist. It shocked me that traffic was better at 3:12 in the afternoon than it is at 2:30. The day job is still mind numbing, my obnoxious coworker is still obnoxious and Loud Vendor Guy showed up yesterday, giving me the daily double on the noise-factor scale. I tried to start my new story on lunch, but struggled. I can see the scene--kind of--but I was worrying about action and the word choices I was making and I ended up getting bogged down in the fact that I needed more active words. It didn't matter how many times I told myself it could fix it later, I wanted it right the first time. I'll try again today.

I think I'm going to stop here since I don't have anything much to say today. I'm wearing my winter jacket and hat and bringing my mittens to work. I can't tell you how thrilled I am.