BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, October 28, 2006

What Do You Think?

This is a preliminary version of my cover for my next full-length book. Because it's not final, it's a low-res image and I'm only going to post it here. Once I have the final version, I will, of course, be posting everywhere in the known universe (including here), but I thought I'd give visitors to my blog a sneak peek and solicit opinions.

This book is Ryne and Deke's story. When a troubleshooter for a society of magic users rescues a private investigator from a dark spell, she finds more than an ally as she faces down her former mentor In the Midnight Hour.

So what's your opinion of the cover? I'd love to hear!

When I arrived home from work yesterday, I found a surprise. There'd been this Kitchen Aide knife set I'd seen at JC Penney that I really liked, but that wasn't high on my priority list of things to buy so I just kind of said to my mom, wouldn't that be cool? It's a knife set that didn't come in that usual wooden block, but was in a round red and silver carousel. Much more sleek and modern looking than the usual knife block. I'd previously decided to go with red in my kitchen because I thought with the charcoal countertops, the red would look way cool. Anyway, I get home from work, and there, sitting on my island, is that knife set! My parents kept this a secret from me, although when I was thanking them, my mom revealed that my dad had nearly spilled the beans on Thursday. :-)

I'd also ordered some stuff from Linens and Things and a box had arrived from them. Unfortunately, it wasn't the new bath mat I so desperately need, it was one of the other items. I'd ordered a 16 piece plate collection thing. Place setting for 4. It's okay, but not something I'll want to use forever. But they're white plates/bowls/cups with a rim of red around them, so it kind of goes with the kitchen decor.

The only downer to the day yesterday was that I moved wrong and irritated a muscle in my back. :-( I've been popping Advil and using a heating pad, and while it's getting better, it still hurts. The really funny thing is that while I was at work, it never occurred to me to take anything to relax the muscles. When someone mentioned it, I wanted to slap my hand to my forehead and go, Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

I'm up early today--not happily--so that I can get my car in to be serviced. Oil change, recall for something on the cruise control, the engine running rough and that metallic sound I heard on Monday needs to be investigated. :-( I'm trying to figure out what I can bring with me to do (there's no place to plug in the laptop, damn it!) that will keep me busy for all the time I'll be trapped there. It's difficult since I don't have time to print anything out. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll offer a loaner so I can sit at home and work while they do their thing.