BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brevity

Today is the first day in what seems like forever that I'm not going to have people in my house. I'm pretty tidy. Okay, very tidy. The only things that could be termed clutter are my synonym finder and the notepad I have on the couch. (I'm leaving the computer room and the spare bedroom out of this since I haven't unpacked those rooms yet.) But despite my neatness, it's still kind of a PITA to have to be sure your house is ready for strangers. I usually throw my pajamas on the foot of my bed and couldn't for a couple of days (and other stuff like this). It's just these little things get to be a pain.

I haven't managed to buy a cable modem yet or the package for Comcast, but I did manage to buy a VCR/DVD combo unit, one that dubs from tapes to DVD. :-( I have been keeping an eye on the price of them for a while because I knew I wanted one. Just thinking of all the space it would free up if I could get rid of my tapes elated me. :-) I have old TV shows (like documentaries on Watergate and a movie when Ken Wahl was still hot) that I haven't watched yet (and I will--someday), but those darn tapes take up so much room. Of course, I don't have time to actually transfer anything to DVD, but after the next book is turned in and my brain is in a vegetative state, it'll be a project I can handle. But I still needed the new unit now.

I've got to run. It's after 5am already and I've hardly rambled at all! There's something just wrong with that. :-O I wish it was Friday.