BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Late Again

Here it is, almost 5am and I'm just getting around to blog. This is like 20 minutes later than I like to get over here, but I couldn't get up this morning which pushed me late on everything. :-(

Actually, I've been really tired for the last couple of weeks and I've been trying to think of why because I have been going to bed early enough. I think I came up with the right answer. I've been waking up several times a night for the last few weeks. I don't know why. Sometimes I'll be having some vivid dream, and when it ends, I'm awake. I look at the clock, see I can sleep some more and do until the next dream wakes me up.

Then there's the lose all sense of time thing. I'll wake up, sure I'm late for work. I look at the clock and it'll say 10:00. You'd think that would reassure me and that I'd realize it was 10pm since no light was coming in around the shades, but for some reason, I'm uncertain whether it's morning or not. I'll consider it for a moment, then reach for the television remote, trying to verify if it's AM or PM. Does this suck or what?

So I'm tired, and when the alarm goes off in the morning, I can't get out of bed. I hate that because I get stressed when my morning schedule gets pushed like this.

The most interesting thing that happened yesterday was that I was nearly part of an accident that would have encompassed 3 lanes of traffic on the freeway. Some kid who looked to be about high school age when I glared at him after the fact, was speeding. I mean really, really, really speeding. Faster than most people speed. And because the other lanes weren't going fast enough for him, he decided to shoot up the right hand lane. Unfortunately, someone was merging on, thought they had enough room and pulled into his lane. This is where it starts to involve me. The kid began to swing into the middle lane to shoot around the merging traffic, but there was a car there and he began to swerve into the left lane where I was. Me? I've got a cement barrier to my left, so I'm slamming on the brakes. By some miracle, though, the kid changed his mind and stayed in the right lane and the driver next to me stopped only partially into my lane. Whew!

Do you think that teenager learned his lesson and slowed down to the usual 10-15 mph over the speed limit that most people were going? Of course not. He continued on going really fast, cutting in and out of traffic. I rarely wish a traffic ticket on anyone because I drive fast myself, but this kid was unsafe and he needed to be pulled over.

There were a lot of idiots on the road yesterday. I wonder if it's because of the holiday that so many people were driving like bats out of hell? And like I said, I don't drive slow, so these people must have wanted to go 20-25 mph over the speed limit. Ah, tailgating on the freeway. Ya gotta love it.