BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Report

Wrote lots. Stayed up way too late. Drank too much coffee yesterday evening. Am dead tired this morning. Creed's finally talking to me, so I guess we will have some scenes in his POV after all.

I thought about ending it here because I really am tired and I've forgotten what I thought of last night to talk about here this morning, but I can report a few things. Yahoo Groups finally coughed up a lot of my digests last night. These were from Friday and Saturday. I don't know if I received everything, though, because one of the notes I know didn't make it through was lecture five from my online workshop. I ended up going to the site and forwarding it to my email so I can have the complete collection.

I was strenuously cursing dial up last night. I had to research two quick items and the connection was taking it's own sweet time which left me frustrated. I did eventually prevail, however, and came up with some stuff I needed. The computer, I guess, had the last laugh since I ended up crabby. I have to wait till I finish this book to get the high speed thing, but I've definitely got to do it--for my sanity if nothing else.

The times they are a'changing. I remember back a few years ago when one of my coworkers gushed on and on about her vacuum cleaner. I thought she was nuts. Who cared that much about a vacuum? Well, apparently, now that would be me. Last night, I saw a demonstration on television for an 8 pound vacuum that came with a hand-held unit that weighed 5 pounds. All kinds of cool attachments. I stopped writing and turned up the sound. I was literally glued to the television for the length of the demo. Sigh. Curtains, valances, pots and pans and now vacuums. What's next? Am I going to get all excited about cleaning products or coupons? Shudder.