BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, December 01, 2006

Well, Damn

For the first time in a while, I overslept by a large margin. Gah! Of course, this is the one day where I couldn't afford to oversleep because I actually have to put everything in my bathroom away before I leave for work this morning. I tend to leave things like my comb and toothpaste out on the counter and then race for work.

I spent last night cleaning the bathroom. It's amazing how quickly a bathroom you use disintegrates because I just gave it a thorough cleaning on Sunday, but I did it again. I vacuumed, I scrubbed, I dusted. And I'm sure once I take a shower this morning and dry my hair, no one will hardly be able to tell all the work I did. Sigh.

I'm sure I mentioned my exploding lights here. I have a light fixture in my bathroom with tiny frosted glass sheathes over the halogen bulbs and I had two fall off and practically explode on impact when they hit the counter. I even had a shard in the bathtub which is pretty far away from the light itself. My dad talked to the manager of the lighting store and the guy said I could pick out something else and they'd swap it out for me--free of charge! Yea! So I did pick something out and today is the day it's installed, so the bathroom and my bedroom needed to look stranger clean. :-)

The thing I enjoyed most about yesterday was finally hanging my wind chime. I have this multi-colored glass wind chime that I adore, but I didn't have a hook to put it on until now. I love this thing. I love it so much, I patterned Kendall's wind chime in Eternal Nights after it. Of course, Kendall's chime was a lot more expensive than mine. :-) It needed to be for the plot.