BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Going High-Speed

I love my cable internet. OMG, it's amazing! After more than a week, I still can't believe it, but I've already reached a point when I have to use the dial up, that it seems ungodly slow. Since I want all my email on the laptop, and since I'm not networked, that means I'm facing this every day.

One of the coolest things about the high speed is how much time it cuts off for me in the morning. I have a set of sites I visit while I have coffee and it now takes me 5-10 minutes less than it did on dial up and I've added about half a dozen sites to my morning rounds. :-)

What I don't like? It's on my desktop computer. That poor thing is so old, it churns as it tries to keep up with the connection. But I saw Windows Vista was released and as soon as Service Pack 1 comes out to fix the problems in the initial release, I'm getting a new computer and getting networked so I can have high-speed when I use my laptop too.

I've said this before, I'll probably have a stroke when I get the cable bill, but right now I'm loving this. Do you know that I even found the Super Bowl Shuffle video from the 1985 Bears and was able to play it? I'm ready for the big game now. :-)